HDR Convening Team
The School of HLSS has a team of people who are dedicated to helping HDR Candidates in the School. You can read more about this team and their respective roles on page 9 of the HLSS HDR Manual, but here’s a quick list for convenience:
- HDR Convenor – Dr Robert Mason
- Deputy HDR Convenor (Supervision) – Associate Professor Pat Wise
- Deputy HDR Convenor (Milestone Management) – Dr Minglin Li
- Deputy HDR Convenor (Candidate Advocacy and Professional Development) – Dr Sue Lovell
- Program Director, Master of Arts (Research) – Associate Professor Bruce Buchan
- HDR Candidate Representatives – Thomas Combe and Katherine Dallaston
- HLSS Administrative support officers – Nadine Savage, Dominic Hegerty
- Colette Smith-Strong is the Humanities Discipline Librarian working with the HLSS HDR Team, providing individual research consultations and advice to candidates.
- Margaret Bremner (Nathan) and Scott Cowie (Gold Coast) are associated HLSS Librarians, who provide support with EndNote/referencing and information literacy.
- Application for accessing research allowance – to access your funds, first ask your supervisor/s to complete this form before sending it to a HLSS Administrative support officer.
- Candidate Resource Pack – Griffith-branded templates for conference posters, event flyers, letters and powerpoint presentations
- Concur user guide
- Financial Services Workshop Slides (July 2018)
This contains important links and information about: how to access Concur to make a claim or get a report on a claim; how to join the Griffith Centre for Social and Cultural research; the web address for accessing funding from that Centre; the web address for accessing important Australian Tax Office sites for candidates who have a taxable income, and; details on where to get your Application for Accessing Research Allowance Form.
- Postgraduate Research Scholarship (GUPRS) Conditions of Award 2018
- HLSS HDR Manual – June 2018 edition
- GGRS Candidate Workshops
- Griffith Library’s Research and Publishing resources include HDR Workshops and Postgraduate Research Information Skills Modules
- Researcher Education and Development (RED) workshops
- GUPSA’s Academic Skills Workshops
Griffith Research Centres
Membership of a research centre provides significant additional resources that will help to sustain and improve your research. See page 11 of the HLSS HDR Manual for more information. There are three main research centres associated with the school of HLSS:
- Griffith Centre for Social and Cultural Research (GCSCR)
- Griffith Centre for Creative Arts Research (GCCAR)
- Griffith Institute for Educational Research (GIER)
Griffith University links (miscellaneous)
- FreshLines – A yearly symposium run by Griffith postgraduates for postgraduates, where papers-in-progress drawn from current research projects will be presented. Look out for the ‘Call for Papers’ in Trimester 2.
- Griffith Experts
- Griffith Library – Opening Hours – Interlibrary Loans – Referencing tools
- Griffith University Postgraduate Student Association (GUPSA) – provides services to assist postgraduates to succeed in and enjoy their studies. Gupsa’s free services include: Editing, Legal, Mind, Body, Spirit, Writing Club.
- Harry Gentle Resource Centre (HGRC)
- HLSS Staff Directory
- Maps of Griffith Campuses
- 10 Things You Should Know about Moving from Academia to Industry
- The Professor Is In
- Thesis Whisperer
- Write That PhD
Are we missing a useful link? Let us know.