- Every Wednesday: Wednesday Lunch Club (Nathan campus) – 12pm-1pm, Cafe Rossa (Nathan Campus)
- Every Friday: Write Like the Wind Writing Group – 10am-12pm, Cafe Rossa (Nathan Campus). This regular Friday writing session is dedicated to helping anyone who is keen to get some quality writing done without any interruption. No talking, no emails and no phones. Bring your laptop and anything else you’ll need. For further information, contact Write Like the Wind convenor and GCSCR Postdoctoral Fellow, Dr Kaya Barry.
- “Shut Up and Write!” This is a sociable workshop for Griffith/HLSS postgraduates who just need to shut up and start writing. Held at the Gold Coast Campus Library with snacks provided, those interested in finding out details for the next event should contact Rebecca Damjanovic.
- FreshLines – an annual, multi-day symposium run by postgraduates for postgraduates. The event comprises oral presentations, keynote presentations, panel discussions, workshops, and opportunities to network.
Emerging Scholars Day (ESD) dates for 2020
- February 21 (campus TBC)
- May 29 (campus TBC)
- August 14 (campus TBC)
- October 23 (campus TBC)
HDR Workshop Calendars
- GGRS Candidate Workshops
- Griffith Library’s Research and Publishing resources include HDR Workshops and Postgraduate Research Information Skills Modules
- Researcher Education and Development (RED) workshops
- GUPSA’s Academic Skills Workshops
Recent blog posts about upcoming events
- End of Year Picnic - Hi HLSS HDRs The end of 2019 is approaching (eep!), so I’m pleased to invite you all to our End of Year Picnic! Where: Brisbane City Botanic Gardens (see on Google maps) Date: Saturday 14th December Time: from 3:00pm Who’s... Read More ›
- “Shut Up & Write!” postgrad writing workshop, 22 May (10.00-11.00am) - The School of Humanities, Languages and Social Sciences invite you to attend “Shut Up & Write!” – a sociable workshop hosted at Griffith (Gold Coast campus) on Wednesday 22 May from 10.00-11.00. You will find us in the library (G10)... Read More ›
- First ESD for 2019 – 22nd February, Nathan - The first HLSS Emerging Scholars Day (ESD) in 2019 is at Nathan campus on Friday, 22 February. Check your email for more details, including the schedule. See you all there!
- HDR Candidate Talk – 13th February 2019 - I’m pleased to invite everyone to our second HDR Candidate Talk for 2019. For those who don’t know, the purpose of these candidate-run sessions is to give fellow HDR candidates an opportunity to practice sharing ideas, talk about their research... Read More ›
- Monday 10 December 2018: Stories beyond ‘Yes’ or ‘No’ - Upcoming event from Griffith Review: Stories beyond ‘Yes’ or ‘No’ This free interactive event, presented by Griffith Review and Griffith Libraries, will celebrate the publication of Griffith Review 62: All Being Equal – The Novella Project VI. Our expert panel will answer your questions and... Read More ›