Hanley, J 2018, 'Erasure, Discovery and Emergence: The Buderim–Palmwoods Heritage Tramway Walking Track Assemblage' Queensland Review Forthcoming Issue.
Hanley, J 2017, 'Creating an authentic learning environment for school children: a case study of digital storytelling programs and the Mudgeeraba Light Horse Museum:' in H Roued-Cunliffe & A Copeland (eds), Participatory Heritage, Facet Publishing, London.
Hanley, J, Baker, S & Pavlidis, A 2016, 'Applying the value-creation framework to a community museum volunteer project: implementing a digital storytelling programme at the Mudgeeraba Light Horse Museum', Annals of Leisure Research, pp. 1-21.
Exhibition: ‘Magnificent Makers’, State Library of Queensland, 9 December 2017-3 June 2018, Queensland Review, Forthcoming Issue.
Wool and Slow Fashion, ANZALS Leisure studies conference, Hobart 2017
And then the city died: Belonging & place in a South East Queensland Regional Town, Language, Culture and belonging Conference, Nathan 2018
Only Connect, Small Museums Conference, Roma 2018
Reterritorializing a colonial industry: Slow, local, woollen textiles, Australian Studies Association Conference, St Lucia 2018
Gone too Soon? The Woollen Mills of Ipswich, Ipswich Historical society
List of workshops/conferences attended
• HDR Induction
• Systematic Structured Literature Review
• Session with Humanities Librarian
• Advanced Systematic Structured Literature Review
• Affect conference, University of Queensland
• NVIVO Master Class
• Turbocharge your writing
• Indigenous Ethics
• Writing workshop
• Freshlines conference
• Freshlines symposium (presented)
• Publishing Strategies for emerging scholars
• ANZALS Leisure Studies Conference PhD day
• ANZALS Leisure studies conference (Presented + awarded scholarship to
• Developing your academic argument
• Improving writing quality before submission
• Stats Week: Understanding probability: Sharks on trial
• Stats Week: Designing survey questions: Traps and Pitfalls
• Stats Week: A survey of survey tools
• Stats Week: Survey analysis in action